Friday, July 11, 2008

A scary site to Parker....

Photobucket

Today he is going to a dairy farm with his class. He is terrified of farm animal noises. He likes to be in control of noises and of course you can't control an animals noises. Last year he was happy to go but was scared to death once the baby cows started mooing. He was fine with the quiet dairy cows being milked, but once those babies thought it was time to eat, he wanted out of there. There was nothing I could do to comfort him. We couldn't really leave so we just had to walk around and try and get away from the noises. His teacher thinks he will do better this time because he is excited about it and because I won't be there. She thinks he has more anxiety when I'm around, because I'm his mom. She said she would call me when they got back to the class and let me know how he did. I'm betting that he plugged his ears the whole time and wanted to leave. We shall see. I'll let you guys know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's probably already over, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it went. I was going to wish Parker good luck! Daniel has been asking me to go to the fair. I'll have to find an agricultural fair to take him to soon. He LOVES the animals, but the noise bothers him too.

Bobbi said...

They said he did awesome! He did plug his ears, and was a little afriad, but he handled it well. He even fed a baby calf a bottle and ate an ice cream! I just told them he never hardly eats ice cream and then he goes and eats the whole thing! What a nut!

Betsy Brock said...

Nice redecorating here! And hope the farm animals are quiet! :)

kristi said...

Well, they can get very loud!! I don't blame Parker!