Thursday, July 31, 2008

I kiss my son too much..

I am constantly following that boy around and kissing him on the head or the cheek. I just love that boy so much that I have too. Also his cheeks are very kissable. When Molly was little I used to tell her that I needed to give her 20 kisses a day. I can't kiss her as much now, because she is bigger and won't let me. Sometimes I hold her down for a kiss, lol. Parker isn't much of a kisser himself. He always makes me kiss him on the cheek, it's rare I get the lips. Sometimes though, if he really likes someone, he will kiss them on the lips. It's usually a kid trying to avoid him, lol. I'm dreading the days when he will get older and not let me kiss him as much. I don't want to have to go kissing dh all the time, lol. I even kiss my cats sometimes. They don't love it, but they let me. I'm so thankful that Parker does let me kiss him. It would be so hard if he wasn't affectionate. I know that a lot of kids with autism aren't and I feel so blessed that he is. Most of the time he tries to get away from me, but he tolerates it. I don't really know what this post is supposed to mean, I'm just feeling sentimental about the boy...

3 comments:

Marshella said...

SON kisses are some of the best aren't they? Deklan kisses me all the time and lets me kiss him too and I just love it.

Anonymous said...

:) I know how you feel. I ask Daniel if I can kiss him or have a kiss. If he doesn't want one we do our special handshake. We each make the I Love You sign and touch index and pinky fingers. It's our sign of affection when hugs or kisses are too much- and you can do it in public when he's older w/o it being a big deal! Like if we're out somewhere and Daniel did something awesome, I know he wouldn't want me to hug him, so we do that and it's kind of like a high five, but more special. Love the kisses though. :)

kristi said...

TC loves kisses too. I am grateful.