Thursday, July 10, 2008

Morning to myself...

I got up a little after 6 this morning. I got dressed, made the bed, and did some laundry. Then I sat down and read the bible for a while. I even memorized a bible verse. I said an uninterrupted prayer and had some time alone. I'm proud of myself because I went to bed early and made the choice to get up early. Usually I sleep in until 7 or 7:30, depending on when Parker wakes up. I even had time to read Parker a book and sit and cuddle with him. It felt really nice. It's 8:40 now, the house looks nice, aside from some vacuuming and sweeping, and Molly is still sleeping. I can tell it's going to be another hot one today. I hope we can keep the house cooler. Last night at 10:00 both kids still couldn't sleep so we stood outside in the backyard for a while. Turns out Parker didn't like Molly's door open and t.v. on and Molly was hot. I wiped down Parker's hair, shut Molly's door, sprayed her with water and turned off her t.v.. They both went right to sleep. Luckily it had cooled down by then some. It was cooler than last night, at least a little. Here's hoping today is cooler. Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

I love the line "I said an uninterrupted prayer".... :)

Bobbi said...

Lol, thanks. My prayers even get interrupted by my own wandering mind so it was good. I'm going to do this again tomorrow.