Friday, July 25, 2008

Our day and feelings...

Today started out pretty good. I got some housework done and the kids and I went for a really nice walk. We walked to the local fish hatchery, then to the train and then to the store.

Here is a sweet picture of Parker. It's off centered, but I love his smile in it!
Photobucket

Here is just a pic to show you how pretty it is there.
Photobucket

Here is Parker laying on a rock that they have there, lol.
Photobucket

And here is an attempt at getting them to stand together so I could get a good picture. It's pretty cute anyways, though.
Photobucket

Here is the sprinkler triathlon we had to get through to get to the train, lol. We all ended up wet.
Photobucket

And finally, here is Parker on the train. It's an old steam engine that is kind of part of a museum type thing that kids can climb on. It's about the only fun thing in town, lol.
Photobucket


The walk was really fun and nice. Afterwards we got some ice cream at the store and Parker got some little candies. Little did we know until half way home that he had been dropping the wrappers on the ground the whole way. That got a laugh out of Molly and I, but we felt bad.

Afterwards we came home. There were a few problems with Bobby's party and people canceling, so we decided not to have it. Actually he decided that, since he didn't want a party anyways. He would rather go out tomorrow night, which is what we'll do. I feel bad about it. I had nice plans for it, but oh well.

On to my feelings. I'm down tonight and I can't seem to shake it. Is it summer, being cooped up? Is it money problems? Is it not having a car? Is it lots of things I can't control? Is it guilt for not going to church as much or sticking to reading my bible? I can't pin point it, but it could be a lot of things. I guess I don't have a lot to look forward to right now, and that's part of it. Also, keeping Parker happy is hard too. He always wants to be on the computer and is upset when I take him off it. If you pray, I could use your prayers for some happiness tonight and throughout the week. I hate to keep whining all the time, I swear it will stop soon, lol.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Don't ever feel bad about "whining"! I will pray for you. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and I know how overwhelming that can feel.

BTW, I love that first picture, too. I love those big, beautiful eyes!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Maddy said...

Consider it done, but I doubt my feeble offerings are up to muster.

I must say when you wrote 'fish hatchery' I had a completely different picture in my head.

As for 'electronics' we have the same battles.
Best wishes

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're feeling down. I hope you feel better soon. Jenny is right- you have a lot on your plate. When I get stressed and overwhelmed, I find that I have to take time for myself in some way or another and I'm learning not to feel guilty about it. Read a book, take a bath, for for a walk (alone), pray...whatever it is that you need. When you get your head back on straight, then you'll be able to give your family 100% again. Since you mentioned your bible...I've always found this to be true: "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you..." James 4:8 Whenever I've prayed with sincerity and an open heart and asked God for help, he's always answered me in some way or another. Thinking of you,
Julie