Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A quiet day...

Photobucket

This morning is kind of grey and quiet. Before bed last night I did all the dishes and made sure the living room was picked up. It was really nice to wake up to. I decided to light some candles this morning to make it cozy and smell good. Molly even wanted the heater on. Some habits die hard, that cats are right in front of it. In the winter the kids have to fight the cats to sit in front of it. Parker is at school this morning and Molly and I are lounging. It's one of those days where we have nothing good to snack on. I'm going to try and find a good recipe for some canned pumpkin I have. Maybe pumpkin muffins or something. Bobby doesn't care for pumpkin much but maybe I can tell him they are zucchini, lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be nice to wake up in the middle of summer and have to run the HEATER!! lol! :)

We have a wood stove and in the winter we (including the cats) fight over who gets to stand/lay right in front of it. I usually win. :) I'm the coldest in the family.

Maddy said...

I need to get creative in the kitchen too but there's no way I'm turning the oven on with the temperatures due to soar outside!
Cheers

Anonymous said...

My husband and I were saying last night that we can't wait for winter! haha! I'm serious, though. I find it nice to go out and stock up on all the stuff we need and then just stick at home. Who cares if it snows? :)

Anonymous said...

Julie that's why you need to start planning your meals. When you shop start buying two of things here and there along the way. You'll see it'll start to add up.

*Don't use the second thing you buy and save it for winter. ;)

Hugs!

Bobbi said...

I need to do that too. It's gray again today. Loving it!

Marshella said...

Check the web for some good pumpkin recipes. Not a big fan of pumpkin but I found a pumpkin cream cheese pie recipe that was actually pretty good. I'd pass it on but my cookbooks and recipes are in storage.