Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My sister....

My sister Ronda is very special to me. She has always been there for me. She has even been like a mother to me when I was young. She is 12 years older than me but we have always been close. One of my favorite memories as a child was when I had the chicken pocks. Ronda wanted to make me feel better, she's just that way, and she gave my Cabbage patch doll a makeover. She was stained and her hair was messy. She cleaned her up to almost new, sewed up her foot, did her hair and made her and I matching dresses. It is such a sweet memory for me. I know that it made me so happy. She also made me the best Strawberry Shortcake Halloween costume. It had a hat and everything. I thought I had the best costume in the whole school. She has always done things like that for me. She was the first one to give me a baby present, the day I announced I was pregnant with Molly. She was the second person I called, my Mom being the first. She now is that way with my kids. She is always doing something sweet and special for them. She's made them blankets, Halloween costume's, taken them places, and even made Molly and her doll matching dresses like she did me. She means the world to me and I hope she knows it. It's funny, we have different Dad's but we look a lot alike. We also have a lot of the same interests. Our most important things in life besides God and our husbands are our children. Family is most important to us. As an adult, we are not only sisters, but friends. Her kids, husband and step kids also mean the world to me. They are all smart, sweet and caring. Tonight as I think about her and her family, I feel very blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sisters are the best.

Ronda said...

How sweet are you! Thank you so much. I feel the same way, I couldn't ask for a better sister than you. I lucked out when you were born. And I do have to say you are my very best friend. I don't know what I'd do without you. You really made my day. =)

Bobbi said...

Thanks! I meant every word and I feel the same way about you! (Sister above, lol)

Marshella said...

You're truly blessed.