Monday, April 7, 2008

I almost cried today.

We had a meeting with Parker's head start teacher today, to decide about next year. Parker also goes to an autistic preschool. I learned today that Parker is doing so good that his academics are way above the other kids at head start. Granted, he are older, but he does have autism. I was so proud of him! They said he was making all his goals, making friends and listening well. He answers questions at circle time and is just doing great. They said they wish they could keep him for another year. Unfortunately he is older than the kids in his head start class so he'll have to go to a different head start next year. Everyone just had such great things to say about him. They said he picks things up fast and is adapting so well. For some reason, as happy and proud as I was, I felt sad. I can't really explain it. I guess I feel weird when things are going too well. Or maybe I know that grade school might not go as well for him. I really don't know what it was.

3 comments:

Marshella said...

Sounds like your son had a great day - congratulations for all the great comments from his teachers.

To answer your question... The iPods are not cheap but they're not greatly expensive either - depending on what you get. We paid $148 (Wal-mart price) for Deklan's. His is 4mg; $200 for a 8mg. Then we set up an iTunes account - you can either get iTunes gift cards to redeem or use your debit/credit card. Then we let him pick what shows (he picked TV shows) he wanted. For example: Scooby-Doo was $20.99 for a whole season but he chose one episode for $1.99. He could also rent a movie for $3.99 and it'll stay for 24 hours (or whatever the time limit is) and then delete. Or Buy a movie. etc... You can either buy music from iTunes or you can even load his favorite CD to the computer and download that his iPod. I think it's great and well worth the price for control over the meltdowns. Hope this helps. Love hearing from you too - thanks for reading my blog. I love keeping up with yours too.

Ronda said...

I'm so proud of Parker, he's such a smart boy. I love seeing him grow and learn. He's only going to keep doing better and better so your going to have to get used to your little boy growing up. Change is hard, even good change but its worth it in the end. His hard work and yours is all paying off.

Anonymous said...

This is very good. Take it a day at a time. Elementary school is tougher but try not to worry about what lies ahead. Just soak in the moment and that he is doing great now!