Friday, April 18, 2008

I think Parker is getting sick....

I can't tell if it's a cold or an allergy, but somethings brewing. He's not eating well, his nose is running and he is coughing from time to time. Poor guy. I thought cold season was over. I'm bummed because that may mean no respite tonight. I'll see how he feels this afternoon, but I don't think much will change. Tomorrow we were supposed to go to an autism meet-up. (I can't remember what it's called, I think it's families supporting families). It's going to be at our local skating rink. I don't really think that's a great place for kids with autism, but with the weather I think they had to pick something enclosed. Parker really doesn't like going there at all. People have birthday parties there a lot and he never wants to go in. I was going to at least try so I could connect with some of the parents. This summer when they had a meet up at the park, I couldn't really talk to many other parents. Parker would not leave the sandbox and most of the parents were sitting at the picnic tables. Bummer. Anyways, unless it rains Saturday and Bobby doesn't have to work, I'll be missing it. Oh well, I know they will have other get togethers. I really wanted respite tonight though, with Parker being out of school this week. Maybe she won't mind a little cold? I think she will. She has other kids to watch and can't afford to be sick. Here's hoping it's just an allergy.

No comments: