Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hindsight....

I've been thinking about going back to college next year. I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I want to do something. Thinking about college reminds me of someone I met in a psychology class when I was in college before. Bobby and I has just met and I was planning on being a alcohol/drug counselor. (Too depressing and too much college). To get to the point, there was a lady in class who had a child with autism. Back then I would think, how can she even smile or be happy when she has a child with autism at home. I imagined how hard it would be and that I didn't think I could ever manage that, let alone be happy about it. I remember how much she said she loved her son and I thought she must be making it up because it would be hard to love someone with autism. Now I was only 20 at the time, with no kids. How could I ever had of imagined what life would bring. And how could I have thought that a child of mine with autism would be hard to love. Parker is the easiest guy in the world to love. I loved him from the minute I saw him. He is my angel and the sweetest guy you would ever meet. I thought about that lady all the time when I was in college and listened to everything she said. For some reason I was so interested in what went on in her life. It's strange to think back on that. You know what else is weird, when I was pregnant with Parker I kept checking out books from the library about kids born with special needs. I guess with all the miscarriage's I had, I thought something might happen. Strange.

No comments: