Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Took Parker to the Dr. again...

She said he should be fine to go back to school tomorrow. She thinks a long steamy bath should open up his nose more because it's pretty yucky. He was very good with the Dr. as he has been the last couple times. He did end up embarrassing me though.

He was taking off his shoes in socks just for the fun of it. When I tried to put his other sock on he pushed me away, playfully. He pushed so hard though, and in such a small room, that I almost fell over the chair behind me. I just kind of laughed, thinking it was an accident that he pushed so hard and stood back up. He then pushed me again. I told him not to push, but he was laughing and I could tell he was being funny. Finally I just sat down because he went to push me again. I just wanted to hear what the dr. said so I ignored him. He kept chanting, "Stand up, stand up". The Dr. looked at me and said, "You shouldn't let him push you over, you know." I said, "I know, I think he was playing". I felt really stupid. I think she thought I just let him push me around all the time. I just didn't want to make a big deal over it because:
A)We wrestle a lot.
B)He was playing.
C)If I talk too sternly to him he will cry and I just wanted to listen to the Dr. and get out of there.

I guess now that he is 74 pounds, we really need to cut the rough play down some. Pretty soon he really will knock me over.

1 comment:

Holly said...

It's hard to parent when you have an outsider staring down at you and watching!!