Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Peace...





Yesterday, a cool thing happened.

I was in the car with Bobby, on a busy street, going to the store. I noticed a red SUV on the right of us. I noticed it because I love the color red. When the SUV got in front of us a little, I noticed an autism ribbon magnet on the back of her car.

I told Bobby that the lady probably had a child with autism. He wanted to know how I knew. I told him about her magnet. I said, "I wonder if she saw ours". I wondered out loud if I'd seen her before and where her child went to school. Just as I was thinking that, she got behind us a little. When she got up next to us, as she was driving by, she looked right at me and gave me the peace sign.

It's like we were 2 strangers with something in common that is deep in our hearts. I thought that was really cool of her. It's so profound how having a child with autism can bond you to another parent because you share and relate to what they are going through. That's how I feel about all of you. Thank you all for your blogs and for reading and commenting on mine. We definately all need each other.

6 comments:

pixiemama said...

It's such a relief when someone gets it.
:)

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Very cool! I always get excite when I see another Ds magnet too!

mama edge said...

Back at you! Sending a virtual vee your way.

Holly said...

This is a great post. It's great to see the same magnets and wonder the same things... the magnets really do say it all..

Betsy Brock said...

Yes, very neat!

Anonymous said...

How nice! That is wonderful!!

(sorry if this show up twice, I just tried to comment and I'm not sure it went through!)

Have a nice weekend!