Thursday, March 26, 2009

All or nothing

I am sort of an "All or nothing" kind of person. I start something gung ho and then quit as soon as I mess up. It's something I'm working on my therapist with. I want to see something I start and finish it. She wanted me to take a couple small things and start them. Small things that lead to a bigger goal. Also small things so I can see what I have accomplished, even if it's just a little part of a bigger goal.

My small goals are:

Drink diet soda instead of regular.
Replace one snack with something healthy. (Big goal is weight loss)

Weed the garden for 30 minutes a week. (Big goal is having a garden this summer)

Make my bed first thing in the morning. (Flylady-housekeeping goal)

I know these are do-able and they will make me feel better about myself.

Yay! I'm excited!

Here is a picture of our 2 skateboarding cats. They are so athletic!

6 comments:

kristi said...

LOL...I am the type that has to start something and finish it that day, even if it takes me all day!

pixiemama said...

Awesome goals.
Get to it, girl!
PS - I make the bed before I get back in it. In my world, that counts!

nikkicrumpet said...

It seems like a great idea to start small and just do small bits of the overall goal. Giving up regular soda for diet would be super hard for me. I hope you have great success with these goals...and end up conquering the BIG goals at the end.

Betsy Brock said...

Good for you! Baby steps, right?

mommy~dearest said...

Cute kitties! The black one looks like my Agent Cooper who ran away last year. :(

Ronda said...

I love the picture and your goals, now I need to work on some. I have a couple that I started and have stuck to really well. I'm proud of you just for trying.