Friday, March 27, 2009

In trouble and on the hunt.....

Parker needs a Spiderman costume!

His bahavioural respite supervisor made him an awesome token board. Unfortunately, when he's sat on the potty 3 times, he is supposed to get to dress up like a superhero. He was thrilled when he saw the new board and icons! He sat on the potty 3 times right away. I hoped his spiderman shirt and red spiderman glasses would be enough to make him happy. I was wrong. He wants a Spiderman costume now! He feels he's earned it. He also needs a Batman and a Superman costume. Dang respite lady!!!! He kind of has a Batman one, but he really really wants a Spiderman one. I'm posting on Craigslist and Freecycyle. I'd go buy him a cheep one but there isn't any for sale right now. I looked on ebay but most of them are out of my price range. I'm even looking for a mask or gloves, anything to make him happy. Maybe I'll look for some yardsales this weekend. The poor guy, he was so exicted to dress up. He is even asking to use the potty all the time now. I hope someone comes to my rescue! Lol, I even tried to get him to put on a red dress of Mollys, lol.

9 comments:

pixiemama said...

I think the respite worker should have checked with you before offering a reward...

kristi said...

I think TC has a black Spiderman one.......would he like that?

Bobbi said...

Pixiemama, she just showed them to me in front of Parker and he saw. He wanted to know what the reward was and I told him about dressing up. My only complaint towards her was that she shouldn't have let him see, but he was right there. (Respite superviser)

Kristi,
If he didn't want it anymore, I'd be willing to buy it from you. Make sure he still doesn't play with it because I may be able to find something local. Thank you for the offer. Let me know if you want to.

Bobbi said...

I meant to add, the respite supervisor said she might have some extra costumes at her office when she mention the idea to me.

mama edge said...

I have kid-sized Batman, Robin, Spiderman, and Superman costumes languishing in my closet. I don't think my teen boys could squeeze one leg into them anymore. Let me know if you'd like them (free).

Bobbi said...

Mara,
Yes, I'd love them. I can pay for the shipping though. Is there anything your boys are into that I might have that they like?

Jaime` said...

hey bobbi,
its jaime`...thats great is using the potty. i will keep my eyes open for cool rewards..anything else to watch for, ie...trucks, stickers, other costumes?? let me know.

Bobbi said...

Thanks!

Jaime,
Trucks, truck books or superhero stuff is what I'm looking for.

Kristi or Mara,
Let me know about the Spiderman costume.

kristi said...

E mail me your address and I'll send you the costume next week. It is black, size 8 I think. Will that work??

butterflylady97@yahoo.com