Monday, October 27, 2008

What a great sentance/observation!

Yesterday Parker was crabby at McDonald's. Nothing would make him happy and he was not going to eat! He wanted a truck toy and all they had were cars. He wanted to play but he had to wait for everyone else to eat since he didn't want to. Molly went and got us all ketchup, but didn't get any for Parker for some reason. Probably because she knows he never eats it anymore. McDonald's used to be his favorite place to eat. We were waiting for our food and Parker was getting really crabby. He looked at the ketchup's and all of a sudden he said, "You have ketchup and you and you, where's mine?!" Grouchy or not, that was an awesome sentence/observation! He hardly ever says things like that! He even did the "I don't know" gesture. I was really impressed and so proud of him! I gave him my ketchup and either he accidentally did it or because he was mad, he squeezed it on the table. Dh wasn't very happy with him and I could tell he was getting stressed out. I just told him that we have to stay calm for Parker because he wants to get a rise out of us. Dh would rather us all go home when Parker is throwing a fit or something but we have to work these things out. He needs to know that it's not ok and that we can deal with it. Right now, we see that McDonald's makes him grouchy, so we might try somewhere else for a while, with McDonald's just being now and then.

3 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Great sentence! I agree, you have to learn to live through some of these episodes, grouchy or not! :)

kristi said...

My hubs is the same way...ready to leave at a moment's notice. I try to redirect TC. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Sorry to hear about the grouchiness! At least you're brave enough to go out...I've been staying home because I just can't deal with the stress of going out (when Daniel is grumpy).