Monday, October 27, 2008

We had a lot of excitement around here tonight..

More excitement than I really wanted.....

Molly and I were carving our pumpkins and Bobby was cooking dinner. We wanted a quick dinner so we were having pizza rolls and french fries. Bobby put the pizza rolls in the oven and was deep fat frying the french fries. He noticed the oven was smoking a little and pointed it out. He knew it was from when I made bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. The bacon grease dripped off the cookie sheet and onto the bottom of the oven and I forgot about it. The smoke kept getting a little bit worse. Finally it was so bad we had to go outside. I had Bobby get Parker out of the living room (there was no smoke in there)and outside. After we were all outside he opened the oven and it was on fire. I told him to get the baking soda but it was too smokey to find it. He came outside with us and we had to call 911. Soon 2 firetrucks and the Fire Chiefs truck showed up. The fire chief came in first with his extinguisher. He opened the oven but I guess the fire had gone out when Bobby shut the door. It was still super smokey so they set up fans. In the mean time the fireman had came in and even hooked up the fire hose. All that for a simple oven fire. Parker was in heaven checking out the fire trucks and fire fighters. I felt pretty stupid because all the neighbors were watching and the road was even blocked off. After all the drama, the firefighter gave us the all clear. What a night. Here are a couple of pictures of our night. The firefighter came out with the pan of pizza rolls near the end and said, "Here's your dinner". It was really cute. You notice they look like coal!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm glad you guys are ok. You did the right thing because fire is totally unpredictable.

Betsy Brock said...

Glad everyone is alright! I'm sure Parker loved the firetrucks and all the things to watch! Yes, I'd say those pizza rolls are a little overdone! ha!

I've started laying a sheet of foil on the bottom of the oven so when something spills I can just pull it out and the mess is gone. It's saved me a ton of cleaning.

Looks like the bird was saved, too? We have parakeets, is that what's in the cage?

kristi said...

That is scary!! Glad you all are okay!

Bobbi said...

Thanks guys. Betsy, that is Mollys hamster cage. She has her little hamster in it. It would make a good bird cage too. Heck, it might even be a bird cage, lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! That is a lot of excitement! Sorry to hear about you dinner!

BTW, I'm following you anonymously on Blogger and I thought it was supposed to show me when you updated your blog...which is why I haven't been around- because I haven't been seeing the updates! I'll try to make it a point to check everyday so I don't miss anything! I'll go catch up now. :)