Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Having a better evening...

Parker is doing much better now. Turns out he just has a cold and a very sensitive gag reflex. He's been drinking a lot of fluids today, so hopefully he won't be phlemy tonight. He loved going to the hospital. We had to go to the clinic today because his dr. didn't have any openings. He cooperated so well. They wouldn't have even known he had autism. I was so so proud of him. The only thing he wouldn't do is hold the thermometer under his tongue, but he's never done that. We rode the elevator and looked at the helipad. He was so hoping a helicopter would be there. My sister is doing great today. Parker and I just peeked in the doorway to say hi. She went home and is sleeping well.

This afternoon I was sooo tired. My WONDERFUL husband let me have a nap and I slept for 2 1/2 hours. He took care of the kids, did some dishes and even made brownies. He even turned the fan on for me. He is the sweetest man in the world. I definitely owe him big time! I feel so much better now. I'm still tired, but luckily it's close to bedtime.

Parkers runny nose has slowed down so he'll go to school tomorrow as long as tonight goes well. I hope he doesn't learn that if he pukes, he gets to stay home. I am so glad everyone is better tonight!

3 comments:

kristi said...

I am so glad he is feeling better. We are constantly dealing with allergies, eczema and asthma.

Glad you got some rest!

Betsy Brock said...

Yea...things seem to be looking up!

Anonymous said...

Glad things seem better! Your husband sounds like a wonderful man! :)