Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nice time

Last night we all had a blast at the pumpkin carving contest. Molly won 1st in her age group and Parker won 2nd. She got a 25 dollar gift certificate to a pizza parlor and he got a 20 dollar one. They were both really happy! This was put on by our town. It was so nice, they had treats, apple cider, popcorn and a jumpy house. Parker didn't want to leave the bounce house but he was very good at getting out and wating his turn. The fire cheif was there overseeing the party. He let Parker sit in his truck and turn off the spotlight. Parker was so happy! Afterwards they all got balloons and got a card for a free ice cream at the towns store. I am going to miss this town. They have so many good things for kids. Tomorrow there will be a school Halloween parade. They go through the shopping center and businesses trick or treating and then go back to the school for a party. Parker and I will walk with Mollys class. I hope he doesn't get scared like the year before.

I also wanted to tell you about my joke that flopped at the grocery store this morning. I was buying hashbrowns, english muffins, eggs, and catfood. I thought the cat food looked a little out of place with all the breakfast stuff. As the cashier was totaling it up I said, "We like our eggs a little crunchy" while pointing at the cat food. She gave a little snicker but that was it. I bombed! Oh well, maybe you guys think it's funny. Here are a couple pics from last night. Notice the shirt Parker is wearing, it says, "My sister is a witch" and it has a little picture of a witch on it.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such fun. Sorry, I commented on the pictures before reading the post. :) I love this time of year. There are so many fun activities! That's great that your kids both won something. How fun is that?! That firetruck experience sounds like a blast!