Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why is he always right!

Since we can't mow the lawn when Parker is home, I thought I'd do it myself while he was at school. I thought, this shouldn't be too hard. I noticed that the grass was damp but I thought it would still be fine. Bobby always complains about mowing when the grass is wet but I was sure I could do it with a little hard work. First off I tried to start the lawnmower. I knew how, but I couldn't find that little button to push a few times before you start it. I swear it must have taken me five minutes just to find it. The thing you pull is hard, but I got it after three tries! I was excited and felt very manly, lol. I mowed a little but had to keep stopping because the grass kept getting caught underneath. Then I mowed over one of Bobby's screwdrivers. I don't know why it was in the grass, but it has no handle now. Then I moved to the part of the grass that he didn't start on. The grass got caught right away and I had to restart it. This time it didn't start so easy. I mowed some more and it stopped again. After about 7 times I decided to quit. The grass just kept sticking to the bottom and making it shut off. The last time I pulled the string I hit myself in the chest with my own hand, boy did that hurt! I put the mower back and saw the weed eater. I remember Bobby saying he didn't think it had much string, but I thought I'd try it anyways. I got the long extension cord and had to untangle it. Then I plugged it in and proceeded to walk towards the garden with it. I was going to weed eat in there but the cord wouldn't reach. Then I decided just to weed eat around the edges of the fence. A few minutes later I only had a tiny piece of string left and no way to finish. Bummer. Finally, after wanting to get something done, I put away some things from the yard that needed to go in the garage. At least I finally accomplished something. Bobby might be mad at me later though, he hates it when I put more stuff in the garage, lol. So, to make a long story short, I need to listen to him more. Don't mow when it's wet, listen when he says the string might be too short and pick things up in the yard before you mow!

1 comment:

Marla said...

This was pretty funny. I know the feeling of trying to get chores like mowing the yard done. Practically impossible with M on the move.