Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Ramblings...

Today I am home again trying to save my voice. Parker didn't really want to go to school today. That made me sad. I guess he's going to be like other typical kids and sometimes not want to go to school. He knows that Mom is a sucker for him too. Even when he gets in trouble, he looks at me and says, "I need a kiss". He knows I'm a sucker for a kiss from him. What a turkey.
I'm watching one of my favorite movies while I'm vegging. I love the movie, "Somethings gotta give." It's funny and I like that it has a happy ending. I don't usually like romantic movies that much, but I like this one. I'm more of a funny movie kind of person. It's funny, I was telling my husband that I liked Keanu in this movie but I pronounced it wrong. It came out like, "Canoe." He thought I was so funny and had a good laugh at my expense.
We had to cancel our respite for today. Bummer. We don't have any plans and I'm still not that healthy. Every time I talk it makes me cough. We're going to rent, "Bee Movie" tonight and just hang out I think. Of course Bobby and I will play Rummy. I have to beat him a few more times. He wins most of the time and it just drives me crazy. He's got that great memory and can remember what cards I pick up. I get so mad at him. He's so smug about winning too.
Tomorrow Molly, the neighbor girl and I are going to the Peter Cottontail event that the hospital is putting on. It's to raise money for the children's wing. It's a really great Easter party with tons for the kids to do. I was going to have Bobby and Parker go, but Parker is scared of people in costumes. He was fine with the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and Elmo, just not Spider-man. He's kind of creepy looking anyways the way he slinks around. I'm not sure what I'm going to wear yet, but I'm going to be comfortable. Last year I dressed up and hated it. Most of the people were not even that dressed up. I think I'll just wear jeans, nice shoes and a nice shirt.
Also tomorrow Bobby and Parker are going to see, "Horton hears a Who" with his ABA group. They sometimes do things so we can all get together. I'm so bummed that I had something else to do. They rent out the whole movie so the kids can be themselves. If they want to make noise or walk around it's OK. I think the idea of being in a movie theatre with a bunch of kids with autism is a little unnerving for Bobby, but he seems game for it.
I've been reading other peoples blogs lately. I really find it interesting reading about their lives. I especially like reading blogs from people who have kids with special needs. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in the world. It's nice to have people to relate to. Even though Parker has autism, and it's hard, it's opened up a whole new world to me. Things have more meaning than they used to. Every little milestone is celebrated. I think all of us in the family are better for it. Parker is a great little guy and he has the greatest sister in the world. She just has the best heart. I could go on and on bragging about her. Well, thanks for listening to my ramble. I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I think mine will be nice! Here's hoping I get my voice back!

2 comments:

mommy~dearest said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

You had to cancel respite! Ahhhhhh! That is a real bummer. M wants to see the Horton movie too. I hope it is good. Hugs.