Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Funny, but not....

I have pictures of lawn mowers and weed eaters strategically placed around my house.


No really, I do! Lol! As part of Parker's ot for his noise sensitivity, we are slowing introducing him to the things that scare him. Lawn mowers and weed eaters are big ones. The first step is to get him used to pictures of them. He is actually ok with the pictures. I forget what the next step is. I'm not sure we really planned it. I think it might be touching a lawn mower in sears or something. He doesn't mind the ones in stores. It's going to be step by step until we work up to him watching one that is running I think. I think I'm going to get to know lawnmowers very well. I think I've mentioned it before, but he also has a cd that has songs about things that make sounds that kids with autism are sensitive to. It has the sound of the thing in the background. It's supposed to desensitise them to the sound. Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Very interesting! I'd like to know more about the cd! Can you post the title and company?

Bobbi said...

It's called:
Route 2 Greatness Presents:
Sound-eaze

It says:
Househould and community noises set to vocals and rhythm to comfort children with hearing sensitivity and fear of loud noises.
They have a website.
www.route2greatness.com