Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"What's he hauling?"


That is what I hear everyday when I'm driving Parker to school. He makes it a point to point out every truck and needs to know what each are hauling. Me, not being a guy, nor knowing what all trucks haul, am in trouble. I guess a lot and that makes Parker mad. Especially if I didn't see the truck and he did. If it's say a tanker truck and I say it's hauling food, I'm caught. He gets mad and says, "No, it's a tanker truck." This morning he saw a "Cherry Picker" truck or it's sometimes called a "bucket truck". I said it was a cherry picker and he thought I said "chicken picker". He got really mad and said, "Its not a chicken picker".

Let me be honest here, I love teasing my kids. I enjoy it with a passion. I thought it was hilarious that he was mad because he thought i said chicken picker. I teased him a little more just for good measure. I had to elaborate on just how a chicken picker worked. Ooooh, he did not like that.

A lot of times he asks what a pickup hauls. I try and get away with saying, "They haul all different things or they don't really haul anything." He just will not buy that. I have to make up stuff. I say they haul tools or animals or tires. Sometimes I see a truck and have no idea what is hauls or does. He does not like that. Sometimes I have to get creative. The other day we saw a PG&E truck. I said, "That's a pg&e truck". He got mad and said, "It doesn't haul pge". They I said it has tools to fix your electricity, and that made him happy. I have to word my truck names and what they do carefully. Actually it's pretty funny unless he gets stuck on one. Anyways, I just thought I would share that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! A chicken picker! That brought back a memory...we used to torture my mom and beg her to tell us about all the lights she saw when we were driving at night. We'd do it over and over. Blinking lights, red lights, stop lights, white lights, green lights, christmas lights, neon lights, tail lights, blah, blah, blah! Poor mom! :D LOL!