Sunday, November 16, 2008

We had another one!

An earthquake that is! Bobby and I were playing Yahtzee when the table and house started shaking. We actually had 2 in a row. My first instinct is to run into the kids room and protect them. By the time I run in there, it's always over. I don't know what I think I can do for them, but I don't want them alone. Molly was at her cousins house but she called. I think it shook her up a little, literally. I always get so scared that we are going to have a huge one like San Fransisco did years ago. I've been in a few big earthquakes, but nothing like the San Fransisco one. One earthquake I was in, was at a friends house. I was sleeping on her top bunk and I woke up to huge crashes. The bed and house were shaking from side to side. It really freaked me out. Glass things fell all over the house and the power went out. It was really scary for everyone. I guess there is no point in sitting around worrying about the big one.

On a lighter note, we moved some boxes into our new house. I even went and got some supplies like tp, hand-towels, hand-soap and a new dishtowel. We get more excited every time we go there. Only one week to go! Parker was asking when he gets to bring his bed over. That made me happy because he is adjusting and even liking it. Now I know that nighttime in a new house is a whole different thing. Luckily we are moving during Thanksgiving break. If we lose sleep we can at least catch up since dh will be off the whole week. We are going to bring some more boxes there today. Hopefully by the time we are ready to move in, we will just mostly have the big stuff.

4 comments:

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

I hate earthquakes. I'd almost rather do tornadoes, but maybe that's because it's what I grew up with and we were never hurt by one.

Glad these were not "the big one"!

heidi @ ggip said...

That sounds very scary to a girl on the East coast who knows nothing about earthquakes!

I love the photo of your cat on the sidebar with all the cars lined up...

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone was ok! I also live in the east and haven't ever experienced an earthquake...although there was one in CT, where my parents live, several years ago when I lived in PA.

How exciting about the move!!!!! I'd be beside myself! I hope it all goes well!

American Homemaker said...

I've never been in an earthquake, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time :(