Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving early.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone if I don't get a chance to get on tomorrow.

I have to go clean my other house in the morning. Then I'm making some food to take to my sisters house for Thanksgiving.

Tonight I'm trying to organize and get rid of more stuff in the laundry room. I'm trying to make it into a laundry/storage/playroom. It's coming along slowly. I'm waiting for Bobby to come home because I think I heard some raccoons fighting in the backyard while I was in the laundry room. It kind of freaked Molly and I out. I know we are safe but I don't like listening to it.

Things are better than they were yesterday, but still hard. I'm just trying to count my blessings and know that things will get better soon. We like the house a lot, it's not that. I think it's all the work and that change is really hard for me. I loathe change. I think part of it is that my Mom moved so much when I was a kid. Now as an adult, I like things the same.

Parker isn't eating well right now. We decided, with his aba workers, to have him eat in the dining room instead of at the desk. He is hating it and will not eat there. I don't like him eating at the desk because he makes a mess, but otherwise at least I know he is eating. I might get a t.v. from my sister for him to watch in the dining room. Right now all I care about is that he eats. Today, all he has had all day is goldfish crackers and apple juice. He gags when he tries anything else. It's almost not worth the battle of having him sit in the dining room. Do any of you with kids with autism let your kids eat in the living room or at the desk?

On a good note, he is sleeping well and going to sleep fine. Molly and Parker trade off who gets to pick movies at night. I think they both sleep well knowing they have each other. I think Molly also likes the fact that the baby monitor is in their room and the speaker is in our room. She feels safe I think.

I'm also loving the kitchen. It's really nicely laid out and has lots of cupboards. Bobby bought a new stove knob today so that's one thing off my list that doesn't work great. He also fixed the washer. He is so helpful and doing a great job of making me feel better. I am so lucky to have him. He also unpacked some boxes last night and took some out of the living room.

So, as a wrap-up, things are better but I still feel really stressed. Maybe things will seem better when school starts and things get back to normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cale here. 19. Aspie.
My mom used to let my brother and I sit at minifolding tables in front of the living room. We didn't move to the dining room table until we were at least 10. But our dining room still faced the living room TV so...
Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!