Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Some things...


Today I took Molly to turn in the registration papers at her new school. She loves it and is so excited to start Dec. 1st. It has a gym and a auditorium, which her other school didn't have. Can you believe we are excited about that? Lol. I don have a little performer though.

Afterwards we took some more boxes to the new house. I just love going there! I even put up a few things in the bathroom. Our new bathroom has so many more shelves and cupboards! I am in heaven! We even found a place for the hamster, on a shelf next to the shower. No, he won't get wet, lol. It's too high up.I have to put him up high so the cats won't get to him. I just love that little guy! Then I took Molly back to school and came home to pack, er, play on the computer and list some things on Craigslist. That's my day so far. Oh, soon I have to go to a neighbors house and pick up a bunch of empty boxes! Yay!

On to the bad stuff. Poor Parker, he has a new girl in class. The first couple days she cried a lot. She cried so much the first day that she was throwing up. Her Dad was still with her then even. Now Parker is afraid to go back to school because he is afraid she will cry. He gets really upset and agitated when people cry. The past few days I've been taking him to school he has not wanted to go. Once we get in the classroom he plugs his ears and cries or gets worried. We worked out a plan that he can go off by himself with some books from home when he first comes in the classroom. He didn't get as upset today since we have that plan. He still cried some though and said he didn't want to stay. This just breaks my heart. Even Molly didn't want to leave him. The trouble is, if I pull him out now until after Thanksgiving break, he will never learn to handle it. It will be the same thing after break. The girl is fine now and doesn't cry. Parker just has to see that enough to hopefully get over it.

As a Mom, I just want to pull him out of school and keep him with me. I know that he isn't being hurt or anything and this will be a learning experience for both of us. My first instict is to fix everything or avoid it. This time, we have to work this out. So far he has gotten a little better each day. I have hope but boy is it hard on me. Let me know if anyone has any good ideas. Thanks!

7 comments:

blueladybug said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. We do live in California. We actually live in nothern california in the city of Tracy.

Heidi said...

Hi Bobbi!
I think you're doing the right thing, but I know I would feel the same way too. Is the little girl doing better now? Hopefully in time he'll see that it won't always be so scary. In the long run of things you'll be glad you stuck it out. So hang in there!

Betsy Brock said...

OH, that's sad...will Parker have a new school when you move?

Bobbi said...

Blueladybug, we live in Humboldt county. I know where Tracy is though.

Heidi-She has been great the past 2 days.

Parker won't have a new school, but after his IEP Dec 8 he will be in Kindergarten at the school he is going to now. Not sure if it will be part day preschool and part day kindergarten or what.

kristi said...

That is tough. Well, we have had issues with TC at school because he is the most verbal in his class and he sees the differences in him and the others. Hang in there, hopefully it will get better.

Momzoo said...

I hate that feeling, as a mom, when you just want to fold them up and tuck them in your pocket for safe keeping....forever!...and you know you can't.

I wish I had some good advice...I will keep you in my prayers...how about that!

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

More shelves and cupboards. My dream. I'm drooling. :-)