Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Took the first step!


I went to the new house this morning. I started unpacking some things in the kitchen. I hung up a few decorations near the window. Now, as most of you know I am a cow collector. I have tons of them for my kitchen. I put a few cow things up and then stopped.

I realized that one of the reasons like houses in magazines and on peoples blogs is because they are uncluttered and don't have a ton of nick knacks. I think I'm going box at least 3/4 of them back up and store them for a while. I'm only going to put out the ones I really love and put the rest away. I feel better that I put a few things up though, it feels more homey. You would be surprised to know how loud a house echos when you hammer and it's empty. Wow, was it loud, lol.

So, I feel like I took the first step in making my house look nice. Now if I could just figure out where to put the pesky small appliances like the dehydrator, the crock pot and the bread maker.

6 comments:

kristi said...

My cabinets have a spot above them and the ceiling and that is where I put my George Foreman grill, crockpot and hot plate. I don't have enough space in my cabinets for the big stuff!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hi Bobbi, just had to comment on your clutter point...I have the same problem with "stuff"...I love your solution of just packing up a portion of them for awhile! In fact, I'm going to do that as soon as I get off the computer! Thanks for the inspiration.
Warmly,
Tracey

Betsy Brock said...

How fun! Enjoy your de-cluttering! Moving is the perfect time to do it! :)

Blind Mom said...

good luck with the move. I am not a big fan of moving.

Ronda said...

I think you should put them on the bottom shelves of the built in china hutch or put shelf in the laundry room that you can store the big stuff on thats where we have ours. :) I want to declutter now too. I started to a little over the weekend and have a box already filled.

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

That fresh start must feel nice! I think I need to move too. :-)