Monday, January 5, 2009

An athiest talks about sharing the word of God with others....

Ok, this is going to be a deep one.

Yesterday I went to church. I haven't been in a while because I've been lazy. It's not that I don't want to go to church, I've just been making excuses not to go. It's easier than dealing with my own shyness, etc. I knew I had to go yesterday. I need to get back to church and get closer with God. I need to get involved with the church again and get back into bible studies and groups.

I went and it was wonderful. I didn't even feel nervous. The pastor preached about going to church and why you should. Exactly the sermon I need to hear. What really struck me about this sermon was the video he played from "Youtube". He was talking about telling others about Jesus and how it should be our first priority. He said he found a video on youtube that made a very good point. It was a video from a known, famous athiest, if you can believe that.

Here is the clip: This is Penn, from Penn and Teller.



What a wow factor at church. I just thought I needed to share this. I hope this isn't too deep for anyone or scares anyone away. It just really convicted me.

5 comments:

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

Yeah, I've always felt that way, and I do have atheist friends who see it that way too. They know I'm a Christian, and my faith doesn't make them believe but they respect me. I guess my problem with becoming a full time proselytizer is that I still have ambiguity about some of my beliefs, and I still have moments of intense doubt. Hell, for example, is one of those areas, and when my non-Christian friends ask me if I believe they are going to Hell, I don't know what to tell them. I'm honest about that with them.

Ronda said...

Wow, that was good, to me that man got through a little to an atheist even if he didn't realize it. Because that atheist is spreading the word of God without even realizing he's doing it. God can do miracles. I can see him believing someday, even if he can't. I love to see God's work working. I know what you mean about getting back to church, me and Mandy keep saying the same thing. It seems like something always gets in the way. I did make sure I watched a sermon on tv at least. Well did I like what you put on here. :)

Betsy Brock said...

Very interesting! You never know who you can touch...and what they will remember. I'm glad you went to church! :)

Bonnie said...

Wow, I don't know what to make of that whole thing! I thought he was going to say the guy converted him.

We had a friend who was a devout atheist, he even belonged to a club for atheists. I always wondered what they talked about? You can only talk about believing in nothing for so long right? lol

Anyway, glad you're feeling good about the Lord. I was raised Catholic and have a real problem with that church but often wish I could find somewhere non denominational and overly preachy. Too much to ask for?

Momzoo said...

Thanks for sharing, I like hear about others religious journeys/convictions.