Saturday, August 2, 2008

Great day!

Today we got our Jeep Grand Cherokee! We are all so excited! I need to take a picture of it. You should have seen Parker's face when he first got to ride in it! Pure happiness! He is a vehicle fanatic. Afterwards we got lunch and Parker and I walked around a little. I got him and Molly some squeezable paints and some little parachute guys. It was really nice. Then we came home and the respite care worker came. She took them to the next town over, which was having kind of a street fair. I guess Parker loved watching the tractor races. Can you believe that? My son, the one afraid of lawn mower sounds, likes tractor races. I guess his love of vehicles took over. I'm really proud of him. He was great all day. Molly was good too. She had talent show practice and did really well. My sister took her since we were at the car lot half the day. The contest is next weekend. I'm excited for her.

All this doing stuff today got me thinking about Parker. He is very well behaved. I mean more well behaved than most kids without autism. He is polite, minds, is sweet and doesn't run off. I think it's mostly his personality, but also because of his ABA and behaviour therapy. That doesn't mean he doesn't throw fits occasionally or get stressed and upset, but overall he is just a good boy. I swear, every day I tell him he is the best boy in the world. Also, because of his lack of good conversation skills and limited language, he doesn't back talk or smart mouths. Really he is easier than most kids sometimes. I am so lucky to have this boy. I'm so lucky to have Molly, as well. She is always doing something nice or making something nice for someone. I also love the way she is so kind to her brother. She just loves him to death. Ok, ok, I'll stop bragging about my kids. I just feel really lucky with both of them. It's a sappy day!

7 comments:

Tammy and Parker said...

I hope and pray that one day my Parker can have some of the wonderful experiences your Parker is enjoying.

Thanks for sharing!

Marshella said...

Brag away - You should be proud!

Anonymous said...

I agree, brag away!!! My husband brought up the same subject- kind of... We've been around some other kids lately, and I don't think he realized how well behaved Daniel is until he saw some other kids! I'm so happy to hear that you got your Jeep and that you're all doing well! :D

Bobbi said...

Tammy,
I know he will be one day!

Bobbi said...

Tammy,
I know he will be one day!

Anonymous said...

I love kids and I'd love to have my own someday. :) Maybe I'd be bragging them here as well. Its great to communicate how you love and adore them. Kids are so wonderful that they can put away your stress and just make you smile even in your darkest moments.

kristi said...

We ARE blessed, huh?
I know you love your Jeep!