Sunday, July 20, 2008

There has already been a benefit to cleaning up the yard...

Parker and I just got finished reading a book about a fire fighter who kept trying to eat his dinner but the alarm bell kept ringing. We went outside to pretend to be that fire fighter. We would sit at the table and pretend we were eating. (the table we just took outside) Then I got the idea to play with our camping dishes set at the table. Parker really liked all the dishes and pretend play. Then I thought it might help him with his eating issues. He rarely drinks milk so I decided to see if he would drink some out of the camping cups. I poured him some and he promptly took a drink. Only one drink, but that is progress. Then I thought I would try something he used to like again. I got out some shredded cheese and put it on his plate. He ate it right up, took the cheese off my plate and then asked for more. He hasn't touched cheese for like 3 months! I am so happy about all of this. I think maybe we'll try something he doesn't usually have outside on those plates all week. We'll act out the book, which he really likes, and then get something to eat! How cool!

1 comment:

mommy~dearest said...

That IS super cool. Way to go Parker!