Thursday, February 21, 2008

I should know by now.....

I should not have taken Parker into Burger King to get another monster truck toy. We should have went through the drive through. I know that Parker does not do well with or understand disappointment. We went to pay for a meal the lady said she thought she had a Grave Digger truck. Parker was all excited and then they didn't have it. He had to get the same one he had before. He cried like he was dying. Some idiot kids in the corner were howling along with him and making it worse. I just got our stuff and got up to leave. I had to throw something away and I could see the dumb kids all scrunched up in the booth laying down so I wouldn't see them. They're lucky I didn't dump my coke on them. (Not that I'd really do that) Then I had to go to Safeway. I knew he would be grumpy still, but I needed to go. First thing he did in the store was lay down between the isles. I just stood there and told him that I was waiting for him to get up and come with me. It took about 5 minutes, but he did finally get up. I had to use the old, "you might not want to be on the floor in case they have to vacuum" trick eventually. I know it's mean, but I can't stand there all day. We came home and now he's happy. Next time I go to Burger king to find him a new truck, I'm not taking him with me. Grrrr!

1 comment:

Ronda said...

Sorry you had such a hard time. I know its hard when kids are mean but maybe they will feel bad someday for what they did. Parker is such a sweet little boy I hate to think of someone making fun or teasing him. I know its stressful some days. I still have those days believe it or not. I'll tell you mine later, you have enough stress. I will say a prayer for you ok. Ronda