Friday, November 21, 2008

I was wrong, I had time for another one...

Tonight, it's bedtime and I'm feeling really content. My sweeties are both sleeping with their heaters going. They both went right to sleep. They looked so sweet and cuddly I could have got right in with them and went to sleep peacefully. They are just the greatest kids. Molly is so sweet and caring. She's also talented, friendly, outgoing and adorable. Today was her last day of school in our town. All of her classmates signed a card and said they would miss her. I think I'm more sad than she is. Luckily we still live close to her friends. I'm also glad she is so outgoing. I know she won't have any trouble making friends. She is so the opposite of me. WHen I was a kid I was super shy until people got to know me.

Parker lately has just been talking up a storm. Lately I've been listening to him talk and thinking, should you be doing this? Should he be talking so much and learning so much everyday. It's almost like there is some autism bar set and I don't think anyone with autism can go past it. It's really strange how well he is understanding things and being so loving. Sometimes I wonder if the spectrum really has no standard, like kids with autism can do whatever they strive to. I don't know. I'm just not sure how it all works. I just know that he amazes me all the time. Today he sang, "I'm a little teapot" for all his aba workers at our team meeting. Everyone was just awed. He sounded perfect, you couldn't tell he had a speech problem or autism. He sounded like every other little typical kid. I was just blown away. I think Parker is going to set his own standards. I went into his therapy not setting my sights very high but his therapists knew better. They knew he had potential and that he could do anything he wanted to. I'm so glad for those people, all the people that work with him. They have so much to do with all his skills. Thank you God for all of them! And for all Parker has accomplished!

Sorry about the long brag, I'm just being sentimental tonight. Guess I'd better get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Awww, that's the sweetest blog I've ever read! You're right, Molly is such a sweetie, everyone will love her! Parker has come so far. It's so exciting whenever I get to see you guys, to see all the progress he's made!!! I can't wait 'til next week!

kristi said...

Sounds like your day went well!!! I hope that Molly likes her new school.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am enjoying reading your blog. It is great to see the progress Parker is making. I have worked with many boy with autism and each one is unique and gifted in some way.Children are a blessing from the Lord! I will continue to follow your Journey. Thanks
Debylin

Jen - Queen of Poo said...

I don't know much about it either, but I think there are probably a lot of people that fall somewhere on the spectrum that are never diagnosed because they function at a high level. It's great to hear that Parker is doing so well. You sound elated. :-)

Ronda said...

Parker and Molly aways amaze me. They are both so smart and I love them both so much. Today was long and alot of work but I had fun, I loved being with you guys. Parker was so cute with all his singing and Molly was so so excited about her new house. I can't tell you how happy I am that you are 2 miniutes away from me, I love it!!!! Well sis, I know you won't see this until Monday but I just wanted you to know what a great day it was even though we all had alot of work to do :) Ronda

danette said...

That is so awesome to hear, way to go Parker! I know my boys amaze me all the time too, it is so great. :) Good luck with the move!

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

What a wonderful night... you sound so filled up with joy and love. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely ok to brag!!! Don't ever let anyone set a bar or a limit on what Parker can do. I think it's good to be cautious and not set YOUR standards so high that he can't reach them and that you (or he) is disappointed, but don't ever let anyone limit him!!!! :D Sure, people with autism do face many challenges, but just like for any child, it would be such a shame for someone to tell Parker he can't do something that he CAN. Way to go, Parker!!!

Anonymous said...

What I meant, was be cautious with your expectations...but the sky is the limit. Hope that makes sense!