Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Crossing the midline.

I was looking on a site I get on frequently, and I came across this post.
http://www.autism-pdd.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26233&PN=1 This is a problem that Parker is having as well. There was a quote on that post from someone very knowledgeable. It really sent a jolt to my heart. It said that it is a sign of a neurological problem. How is it that I always see Parker as just a typical child. I think I see him as a child that will just catch up. How come I don't see him as a child with neurological delays. It was really strange to think about that. I think sometimes I just see autism as a social kind of disorder. It really made me stop and think. Sometimes I think he just being stubborn with things but maybe it's really hard for him. We are going to have to work on games that include crossing the mid-line as much as we can. He hasn't picked which hand he will write with yet. His OT thinks it would be easier to just make him right handed. Other people think it will be better for him if we let him choose. I'm still up in the air about it.

No comments: