Saturday, December 13, 2008

Long time no post, hehe.

It seems like I've had too much to do every day to post. Not only that but when the kids are home I have to fight them for the computer. We've done a lot of fun things this week though, also.

Friday night we went to a lighted truck parade in our town. It was short, but nice. Both kids really enjoyed it. Afterwards we went to look at Christmas lights. It made me almost want to cry. I thought back to when Parker was 3 and we went to look at Christmas lights. Parker wouldn't look at them really and didn't say anything about them. I felt so sad that day, thinking Parker would never look at the lights or be able to talk about them. Now all my wildest dreams have come true for him. He pointed at lights, looked at them and even talked about what he saw. I am so thankful to God for that. Anyone that has a child with autism, don't give up. There is hope even when you don't think so.

Today we went to a free movie put on by our towns businesses. They give out free tickets for an older Christmas movie. We were supposed to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. When we got there we were a little late. They gave out drinks to all the kids. They would have gave out popcorn too but they had a problem with the popcorn maker. We tried one room and they said it was full. We tried another and then heard it was full too. All of a sudden we heard a "Psst psst" and then a "come here". The owner of the theatre said they were out of room for the chipmunk movie but they were going to let the rest of the people see their regular 10:30 movie instead. It was Bolt and we even got 3-d glasses! Afterwards the kids even got a stuffed animal. It was so nice! Later we went to an even bigger lighted truck parade. This time we stood outside and watched it. It was even better! Parker was loving it. The trucks honked and played music. There was a time Parker wouldn't have been able to stand it. He plugged his ears, but he was right up front watching, smiling and asking questions. That boy just amazes me!

Anyways, a good night was had by all. Tomorrow night is a lighted tractor parade, but I'm not sure we are going to it. Tomorrow afternoon we might go and try to find snow on a hill not too far away. It should be lots of fun.

Here a couple recent pics....
A truck at the parade.

Some cookies I made that turned out funny. Like the boob cookies, lol. It was a total mistake, lol. I didn't even realize I had used the same color chips. I was supposed to use big hershey's kisses but I was out.



Here is my cat Jack, sleeping all funny on the couch. Goofy cat.

3 comments:

Casdok said...

How wonderful for you seeing Parker make such huge progress.

Ive made a few boobs in my time!!

Anonymous said...

Wow good for you. We weren't able to take the boys to see a movie in a real movie theatre until probably the last year, [too noisy / behaviour etc.]

Molly has my sympathy on the coke front, oh if we could only be fair and even handed.

Best wishes

Momzoo said...

How fun, I love all those Christmas activities, if just makes everything so special