Monday, June 23, 2008

Am I being irrational?

I am worried about Parker riding with this new person. The guy was a bus driver for 14 years so I guess he has some skills. Why do I worry so much? Parker is my angel and I would put him in a box to keep him protected if I could. (Not actually, just metaphorically, lol) Tell me it's going to be ok and I'm worrying for nothing. There is a part of me that is saying, "forget it, it's just one month of school, he doesn't need it." I so hope I'm making the right decision by letting him ride with him to school.

4 comments:

mommy~dearest said...

You're not being irrational, just overprotective. :)

I have to remind myself often that the goal of me being a mom is to try and build a foundation for my kids that will allow them maximum independence. I don't always like that self-talk because I want to protect, protect, protect! But in reality, I know it's not the best for them.

I had the very same thoughts about putting Jaysen on the bus this morning. And don't think I'm not watching the clock so I can race home!

Bobbi said...

Thanks. Parker actually did really well. They said he was all smiles when they got him out of the car. He was all smiles to get in the guys car again this morning. Yay!

Betsy Brock said...

I always look for the boys' expressions when they get off the bus during the school year. As soon as I see those smiles, I know the day was great. Once in a while, I see tears and immediately get all out-of-whack trying to figure out from a nonverbal child what happened. Our special little guys need us...I think that's why we are like this! LOL

Anonymous said...

My 3 year old went to town with my parents and I cried. No your not being irrational....just being a mom.

Hugs!